This Project carried out on behalf of Ardstone Capital consisted of the amalgamation of the two existing retail units at basement and ground floor levels into one retail unit measuring 341sq m; and associated works. Alterations included the following:
- Removal of redundant mechanical and electrical services and installation of new M&E services.
- Provision of new openings in existing party walls at basement level and ground floor level.
- Preparation of existing basement floor to receive tanking in addition to damp proofing works to basement walls and floor and the provision of a sump and pump for any future water ingress, together with associated new drain pipework cut into existing floor.
- Installation of new fire rated ceilings as well as fire protection to structrural elements.
- Installation of new Steel stairs from basement to ground floor as an alternative means of escape and upgrade of fire escape doors.
- The installation of new “Hayward” street pavement lights and forming enclosing walls to prevent further/limit further water ingress to basement well areas
- New Street pavement lights were measured up and commissioned from Hargreaves Foundry in the UK and fitted by Lissadell tradesmen
- The works took place in a partially live environment as the retail unit on the ground floor was open for business as usual
Location 5-7 Crampton Quay, D 2
Surface 341 sqm2
Year Completed 2017
Client Ardstone Capital
Architect Studio 3 Architecture
Engineers Downes Associates
Quantity Surveyors Duffy Gaffney Partnership